The International® A26 Big Bore Engine.
BUILT FOR UPTIME AND BACKED BY A BEST-IN-CLASS WARRANTY.
The International® A26 Engine is engineered with proven components that deliver optimal uptime and fuel efficiency in a lightweight design. This big bore engine has been relentlessly tested with hundreds of thousands of hours of dyno testing and millions of real-world test miles.
The A26 produces up to 475 HP and 1750 lb.-ft. of torque, yet is 600-700 lbs. lighter than traditional big-bore engines. At 2,299 lbs, it is the lightest engine in its class
It features North America’s first Class 7-8 Compacted Graphite Iron (CGI) crankcase design for greater strength, plus an all-new cylinder head and other refinements for up to a 5% fuel economy improvement over the engine it replaces.
Engine braking power is increased by up to 67% for confident braking performance, particularly at low- to mid-RPMs and at higher altitudes.
A26 ENGINE TECHNOLOGY HIGHLIGHTS:
- PERFECT BALANCE: The cylinder head produced using High Performance Iron maximizes durability and fuel efficiency.
- SMOOTH OPERATION: Low friction skirt coating and advanced piston ring geometry reduces parasitic losses and enhances fuel efficiency.
- DETAILED DURABILITY: Gears produced by a grinding process eliminate gear noise.
- MAXIMIZING UPTIME: Smaller piston cooling jets increase oil pressure to improve lubrication and engine durability.
- WEIGH LESS = HAUL MORE: Compacted Graphic Iron (CGI) crankcase has greater strength and fatigue resistance than traditional gray iron for thinner walls, reduced weight and maximized payload.
- TURBO CHARGED: Variable Geometry Turbocharger (VGT) maximizes fuel economy and improves engine brake power up to 67%.
- DELIVERING PERFORMANCE: Laser welded EGR cooler delivers durability and performance.
- FUNDAMENTAL ENDURANCE: Assembled camshaft with tool-grade steel lobes for unsurpassed durability.
- QUIET POWER: Six blade fan provides more power at the wheels and a quieter ride.
- PROVEN TECHNOLOGY: The high pressure common rail fuel pump has undergone six years of testing and has been in production on the MAN® D38 15 liter since 2015, with proven reliability.
Setting a new standard in Uptime
EVERY COMPONENT IS ENGINEERED TO MAXIMIZE UPTIME
- Larger piston pin, connecting rod and bushing deliver optimal load distribution for greater durability
- Assembled camshaft features tool grade steel lobes for unsurpassed durability
- Foamed wiring harnesses provide ease of service and chafe protection
- Aluminum castings, stainless steel tubes, composite valve covers, and optional stainless steel oil pans provide long lasting corrosion protection
- All high temperature fasteners include a permanent coating to prevent seizing, including fasteners for the exhaust manifolds, heat shields, and turbocharger
FUEL EFFICIENCY - UP TO 5% GREATER FUEL ECONOMY THAN THE ENGINE IT REPLACES
- Variable Geometry Turbocharger efficiently delivers boost air pressure across a wide range of engine speeds, loads and elevation
- 2500 bar High Pressure Common Rail (HPCR) fuel system produces maximum fuel injection pressure to reduce emissions and fuel consumption
- Down speed calibration ratings reduce friction and parasitic losses
- Class-leading lightweight design includes compacted graphite iron crankcase, shot peened aluminum flywheel housing, composite valve covers, and a hollow camshaft to reduce weight while maximizing payload capacity
- Low fuel consumption at idle of 0.5 gallon of fuel per hour minimizes idling expense
DRIVER APPEAL/NOISE REDUCTION:
- Variable Geometry Turbocharger boosts engine braking power by up to 67% for confident braking performance, particularly at low- to mid-RPMs and at higher altitudes
- High-flow hand primer pump is relocated to allow quick and easy access
- Sculpted crankcase and oil pan reduce noise and absorb vibration
- HPCR fuel system delivers multiple injection events for smooth and extremely quiet operation
IS THE A26 ENGINE RELIABLE?
The engine has been relentlessly tested with hundreds of thousands of hours of dyno testing and millions of real-world test miles. The high pressure common rail fuel pump has undergone six years of testing and has been in production on the MAN® D38 15 liter since 2015, with proven reliability. Every component is engineered to maximize uptime.
The A26 is Availabe in These Models
The most agile regional haul truck to hit the streets.Horse Power: 475 max
Torque: 1,750 lb-ft
GVWR: 60,000 lbs.
The most driver-centric, fuel-efficient, uptime-focused truck we’ve ever delivered.Horse Power: 565 max
Torque: 2,050 lb-ft
GVW: 60,000 lbs.
Tough enough for any job, it's also built to work smarter, with an interior built around you.Horse Power: 500 max
Torque: 1,750 lb-ft
GVW: 74,000 lbs.
Purpose-built to outwork and outlast even the most punishing of job sites.Horse Power: 605 max
Torque: 2,050 lb-ft
GVWR: 92,000 lbs.